Friday, November 03, 2006

Expiration Dates...... for People.

I was thinking about this while I was on one of my off-tangent thinking episodes.(actually I was thinking of possible web development opportunities) I was thinking what if we have the ability to accurately (within 1 or 2 months) predict when we would leave this world (assuming it is natural death)? Would any of us really give a shit? Would we change the things we do to prolong the inevitable? What would you do?!

I can only speak for myself. Since it is unlikely this will ever be possible I can only take a stab at what I would do. We already know that life is "short" and every waking second is a second that is gone forever but in order for me to live a full and happy life I can't let these uncontrollable factors affect me. If I was told that I would die on January 12, 2077 (give or take 2 months), I really would not change the things I do now. Why worry about graduating college when you are only in 3rd grade? There really is no point to that.

All I can do now is to live a life with the fewest regrets possible and hopefully make some people happy along the way.

Today's Blog was brought to you by me BORED at work (on a friday I might add)

Carpe Diem!

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home