Tuesday, December 05, 2006

NYC Bans Trans Fats

"The Board of Health voted Tuesday to make New York the nation's first city to ban artery-clogging artificial trans fats at restaurants — from the corner pizzeria to high-end bakeries."

Yahoo! News Link


What has this country come to? No seriously... think about it. The article states that one of the reasons for doing this is because "Trans fats are believed to be harmful because they contribute to heart disease by raising bad cholesterol and lowering good cholesterol at the same time. Some experts say that makes trans fats worse than saturated fat."
And cigarettes and drinking are perfectly good for your health, right? Oh I get it... since you get a cut of those sales in taxes it's a-ok to keep selling those products. What's next? I am sure if I moved to China I would be allowed to eat all the transfat my American Dollar can buy. Doesn't mean I would do it, I just like having my options open since this is the "Land of the Free".

Our Rights - Zero
Police State - +1

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home